Meal plan for June 11th - 16th

We had some gorgeous weather here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest this week.  I'm not exaggerating - our raspberries have put on almost 1 foot of growth since June 1st.  It is incredible and makes me so excited for harvesting the growing fruit.  Raspberries never make it in to the house, thanks to this guy.


In chicken news, I have been letting them out of the coop as soon as I get home.  They put themselves to bed between 8:30 and 8:45 pm (it stays light until almost 9:30 in Seattle during the summer), and then I go and shut their door to keep them safe from the pesky neighborhood racoons.  They get almost 4 hours of grazing time, and Jack gets to play with them.  They will eat some of my weeds, but sadly don't yet realize they have to pull them out by the root.  I mean really chickens, come on!

Meal plan time!  Reminder, I only plan dinners, because breakfast is always smoothies or eggs with something, and lunches are always leftovers.  We rarely eat dessert during the week, and our dinner drink of choice is water kefir soda.

Monday:: I'm making breakfast for dinner.  I had to buy buttermilk for Troy's birthday cake, but didn't use it all.  I'm going to make my whole wheat coconut oil waffles, but will try it with buttermilk.  Eggs and sausage will be served along side the waffles.

Tuesday:: I have a crazy work schedule this day and won't be home until really late.

Wednesday:: I'm going to have Troy grill up some garlicky shrimp to go with tostada salads.

Thursday:: We're eating at my inlaws.

Friday:: Popcorn dinner.  Yes, seriously we eat popcorn for dinner.  It's popcorn, leftovers, cheese slices, fruit, and cut up veggies.  Everyone gets as much as they want, and no one leaves hungry.  I adore Fridays because it is the easiest night of the week for making everyone happy!

Saturday:: Homemade pizza, grilled asparagus.

Sunday:: Father's Day dinner at my parent's.

I've started a new thing with my grocery budget.  Typically I take out $120 per payday to use for the next two weeks.  In an effort to cut down on frivolous spending on my part - when I have a lot of leftover cash, I get spend happy - I am only going to take out the amount that will add up to $120, with what I have left.

For example, I had $50 leftover from last payday, so $120 - $50 = me taking out $70 in cash for the next 2 weeks.  I will be interested to see how it works! 

I spent $45 this week on groceries, and um...$85 at the farmer's market.  That bought me: 2 huge 3 year old blueberry bushes ($15 each) (brings our blueberry bush count up to 6!), 13 organic tomato plants, 2 organic cucumber starts, 2 mint starts, and a basil start.

What about you all?  What are you having this week?

Labels: