Meal plan for October 14th - 20th

Please raise your hand if you thought I went crazy.

I posted a big weird rant, and then disappeared.

I hate drama, and I promise I wasn't trying to be dramatic.

I went to bed early last Tuesday cause I was up so late thinking about that email.

And then, I had a test on Thursday from my Business Law class, and spent all night Wednesday studying for it.

Thursday I was getting ready to spend the weekend at my parent's (more about that in a bit), and canning three quarts of tomato soup with the last of the tomatoes that I picked.

Then I get to my parent's on Friday and I can't get on their wi-fi.  My mom insists the password is "x" but I kept saying, "no that is the password you use to log on to your computer.  They're not the same thing".  She tells me to ask my sister because my sister set it up.

My sister said she didn't set it up, but maybe I should ask my cousin Kori.  I text Kori who tells me she didn't set it up, but that I should ask my sister.

In addition to lack of wi-fi access, I spent about 15 hours this weekend cleaning out my parent's garage.  My dad went on a fishing trip for a few days, and Jack and I stayed with my mom to assist her, because MS is pretty much the stupidest disease ever.  It should be auto-immune from my foot up its ass.

If you have been reading my blog for an extended period of time, you'll know I refer to my parents by two different nicknames - "the gimps" and "the hoarders".  My plan while staying there was to de-hoard the garage.  It was a huge task and one that I shouldn't have attempted alone.  Poor Jack was basically ignored for most of the weekend, but he lucked out and got to watch a ton of TV with grandma.

I haven't touched so many dead bugs in MY LIFE.  IN MY WHOLE LIFE.

MY WHOLE LIFE.

Everything in that garage seemed to have dead bugs sprayed on them.  Thankfully, day two of the big clean up, I came across a "nest" of rubber gloves and was able to protect myself a little bit.  I also dragged my mom to Target and basically told her she was about to spend a shitload of money on rubbermaid tubs.  And she did.  And I used every single one of them.

The good news is, if anyone needs black beans, my parent's have 25 cans of them to spare.  TWENTY FIVE CANS.  I gave my mom a verbal list of items she can never again put on the grocery list because they have a lifetime ban from ever purchasing them again.

So basically, I wasn't meant to get on the computer this weekend.

How are you?  I missed you all.  It felt weird to not be writing , sharing, and reading what you knuckleheads have to say.

Meal plan time!  Reminder, I only plan dinners.  My breakfast of choice has changed, and I'm now obsessed with homemade Greek yogurt with tons of cut up fresh fruit, and a homemade granola bar crumbled on top.  It's delicious and keeps me completely full and satisfied until lunch. Lunches are always leftovers.  We rarely eat dessert during the week, and our dinner drink of choice is water kefir soda.

Monday:: Perfect Roasted chicken, roasted spuds and carrots (use this recipe, but add some chunks of carrots.  And then make out with yourself because you're so happy), and salad.

Tuesday:: Taco Bowls

Wednesday:: I'm working late.  It's boy's choice.

Thursday:: Dinner at my in-laws.

Friday::  Popcorn dinner.  Yes, seriously we eat popcorn for dinner.  It's popcorn, leftovers, cheese slices, fruit, and cut up veggies.  Everyone gets as much as they want, and no one leaves hungry.  I adore Fridays because it is the easiest night of the week for making everyone happy!

Saturday:: Crockpot French onion soup (drool), no knead dutch oven bread, and salad.

Sunday::  Family dinner with my extended family.

This weekend I spent $3.50 on raw milk and $21 at the grocery store.

What are you having this week?