Meal plan for March 24th - March 30th

I had to go to Joann Fabrics today to get a few pieces of fabric to finish up a quilt I am working on (photos hopefully in a week or so).  I was walking towards the front door, enjoying the crisp spring air, and all of the sudden the dun dun dun music from the Wizards of Oz started playing.  The music that plays any time the flying monkeys were on screen.

I couldn't figure out why evil music was blaring in the parking lot, and then I looked up.

And saw her.
My Joann's nemesis.

My fabric store equivalent of Bill in Kill Bill.  For the record, I am of course Beatrix Kiddo in this scenario.  I have weird feet and am freakishly tall.  And I am pretty sure that Quentin Tarantino has a thing for me.

And I actually look pretty fabulous in yellow.

I don't think the whosebeast of snuggle fabric remembered me, and the weather was too gorgeous and my shoes were too cute to lose them up a skank's meerkat, so I held the door open, and sent her on her merry way.  She got in to a Taurus.

Apparently the broomstick was the in the shop.

Ugh, now I need to find a new fabric store.

I was out running errands, while Troy and Jack were having "Boy Day".  Troy has been busy with training lately, and they hadn't had too much 1on1 time (read as: time without mom yelling to stop shooting Nerf darts in to each others crotches).  They went off and played, ate at McDonald's (not my choice), and just did weird boy stuff.  Like, this, at Costco.

It's a Jack in the box.  Get it?  Har har.

While the boys were off having fun, I was getting a haircut, refinancing my car loan to a lower interest rate, grocery shopping, and up-potting my seedlings in to their new, roomier yogurt container locations.

While I was grocery shopping, I saw a beautiful woman in her 50's.  She had the most amazing skin, and I thought she probably had the world on the string being so beautiful.  But, just in case, I told her.  And then I told her husband who was there that he clearly must be wonderful to her because she was smiling and was so beautiful.

Then, I headed off to the bakery to eye hump some donuts deli to get some fancy lunchmeat and cheese for dinner this week.  While I was there, a man was ordering some havarti, so I talked him in to trying the harvarti with dill.  I basically then gave him a gentle lecture about how EVERYTHING is better with dill, like eggs, skillet potatoes, etc.  In a very non-sarcastic way, he thanked me for my help, and told me to have a lovely day.

I went to the checkout, only to find a man buying a big bottle of Dr. Bronner's soap.  That stuff is expensive, and he was quite tickled when I told him he could grate two bars of the same soap, combine it with a gallon of water, bring to a boil and then let cool overnight all for the same product at one-fifth the cost.  He said he was a long-haul trucker and never was surprised at anything, but that I blew him away with my information.

Thinking I was on a "bringing joy to people's Saturday" kick, I brought the chickens some treats when I got home, and then they promptly pooped on my boot and brought me back to reality.  Thanks for keeping me grounded ladies.

I was off on Friday, so J Bone and myself headed to Olympia to see some good friends.  We went to the Hands on Children Museum, and boy howdy their new location is amazeballs.  It is such a cool museum, and I pretty much want to live there and play, assuming of course the little snot nosed booger flickers can't come and play in my sweet fort.

Troy and I lived in Olympia when we were first married, and the Hands on Children Museum used to be in a different, smaller location.  Troy and I would drive by it on the daily, and always said "which moron let a pedophile name that place".  HANDS ON CHILDREN?  I mean, come on!

The good news is, no creepers were in there, and the place was just amazing.  I can't wait to go back, and then hit up some of my favorite Oly haunts like Old School Pizza, and Archibald Sisters.

Meal plan time!  Reminder, I only plan dinners.  My breakfast of choice has changed, and I'm now obsessed with homemade Greek yogurt with tons of cut up fresh fruit (or fruit I froze in the summer), and a homemade granola bar crumbled on top.  It's delicious and keeps me completely full and satisfied until lunch. Lunches are always leftovers.  We rarely eat dessert during the week, and our dinner drink of choice is water kefir soda.

Monday:: working late.  :sarcastic confetti:

Tuesday::  I forced Troy to pick one meal for the week, since all that crap is usually on me.  He selected pancakes, spicy sausage (sausage we get from our local butcher), and eggs.  Sounds good to me!  But, since I am working late on Monday, and am not planning on making pancakes today, I'll likely change that to "french toast".

Wednesday::  Panini sandwiches, grilled asparagus, and tomato soup canned from last year's garden.

Thursday:: In-laws are going out of town this week, so we'll have to feed ourselves.  I hope this does NOT become a habit.  We're having spicy Asian pork meatballs, rice, and roasted broccoli (sans cheese sauce).  I can't believe I have become a person who eats broccoli willingly.  I disgust myself.

Friday:: THIS is the day we're going to our neighbor's house.  I thought it was last week.  Whoops.  Thankfully that was cleared up before we showed up on their front porch, looking hungry.

Saturday:: We're switching our popcorn dinner from Friday to Saturday.  I bought Frozen a few weeks ago to stream on Amazon, and my little punk of a kid doesn't want to watch it because it's a "girl movie".  Ugh, hoping we can watch that, instead of week 35 in a row of Despicable Me.

Sunday:: Family dinner at my parent's!

This week I spent $44 at the grocery store (they were closing out my favorite canned salsa for $.42 so, I bought the WHOLE shelf.  This stuff, in the green can.), $3.50 at the local farm for raw milk, and $22.05 at our local butcher, but some of that was for a coworker who loves their pork.

That's what she said.

In "awwwwwwww" news, I drove by a farm near our house, and saw the first lamb of the season.  Adorable!

How about you?  What are you having this week?




Labels: